Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hunter and Kali

Hunter and Kali
Meet Hunter and Kali or as I call them, Chocolate and Vanilla.  I inherited Hunter when I married my lovely bride.  He is currently 8 years old and a great dog.  He is very obedient.  He is lovable and loves to get affection. We got Kali when my wife decided to walk into a shelter, saw her and had to have her.  We may have saved her life.  The shelter sad to say was a kill shelter and any dog they took in that they thought had pit bull in them were given 7 days to be claimed otherwise were put down.Kali was thought to be a pit bull.  I don't think she is full pit bull but probably has some pit bull in her. She had arrived at the shelter the same day my wife saw her.  She was found wandering in a state park with no collar.  She is such a sweetheart.  It took me a while to warm up to her because Hunter was my boy but unlike Hunter she loves to give affection.  It was hard not to love her because of that.  She is currently 2 years old and was figured to be 6 months old when we got her.  One really good thing about her is that she got Hunter in shape really fast.  Before we adopted Kali, Hunter being an 8 year old mostly sat around the house and going on walks with my wife and I were the extent of his exercise.  Kali on the other hand is full of energy and would not leave Hunter alone.  She keeps him mobile all the time as she forces him to chase her.  Watching them in the backyard is fun because she is just too fast for him.

Needless to say, I love my dogs.  =)

Kali trying to get my attention

No comments:

Post a Comment